Skip to main content

Red Killers



Now I started believing in fate! If you return home safe after travelling in the Private Bus service in Ernakulam, I believe it certainly has something to do with destiny. The way they run the service gives one the implication that they are directly recruited by The Lord of Death.

When I landed here in Ernakulam my friend Rishin gave me the first introduction precisely like this.
"Man, these are the Red Killers, keep a distance from them".

But that is not possible for the simple reason that we are relying on red killers for our transportation. Keeping a distance is a distant thought for now. So it is up to destiny to make its decision here. But it certainly is an experience travelling in a Red Killer. You will start valuing your life, makes you alert on every second and they teach you how to be fast in your life (bit too fast though). My colleague Aswini says the name of a bus always suggest something like if it is 'Heaven' you will see the heaven while travelling in it. I'm eagerly waiting for my turn to travel in (but not to) the Heaven.

What thrives these buses are the races that takes place between them. Our Mr. Vijay Malliya found wrong F1 drivers in Fisichella and Adrian Sutil for Force India. Instead he should have tried anyone among these Red Killer drivers, he would have returned with flying colours. When a race starts between two of them a passenger will get an opportunity to have a roller coaster ride at a meagre price. Most entertaining part is while you are boarding or getting off. Your life depends on your timing. Fraction of a second late then it is a gone case. So should be right on the mark every time.

It was raining today. When I was to get off from the bus I had to make a choice either to get myself soaked in rain or to fall down and get injured, the bus won’t stop for a second more so that you could open your umbrella. I preferred to get wet than to getting injured; even then I had to try hard not to fall down while getting off as the bus didn’t stop, the driver just slowed it down a bit.

I’m still acquainted with Red killers, having our meetings each day with a hope that fate won’t let me down. I have my belief in destiny.

Comments

  1. Hmm..
    I had a trip to heaven last week.. Pretty close one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had similar experiences, not sure if it is hell or heaven

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graphics

Papa, where are you going?? My little girl asks me  To attend a marriage dear. I told her It is a Sunday and she expects I will take her to the park like I promised.  I waited for an array of questions from her, and she doesn’t disappoint me.  "Are we not going to the park today?" " No dear, I have to go. We will go later." “Why aren't you taking us? Who is getting married? ” Rishin uncle is getting married  "Chathan uncle” she corrected me with enough conviction which made me feel that it was me who made the mistake. She caught hold of that name recently and since then I didn’t hear her calling him anything other than that. But she never calls him Chathan in public; they have made a pact it seems.  She started circling around me doing her tiny little steps. She doesn’t look surprised by the news; I was practically taken aback when he told me. It was late last night, he called me and declared. "I am going to get marrie

Words

Words are echoing in my mind. There is no coherent thought in it. They just jump around in an urge to get out.  Me first me first, they say. They don't realise they aren't ready to walk on their own. They have to stand behind an idea and grow. Or they are mere words without a soul. Few are bit more wiser than the rest. They group with their half brothers and create unrest, even getting heard at times. They wander aimlessly for a while, gliding along any path they see. For they don't have a destination in their mind and are lost without doubt The newbies see their brothers' fate from afar. They fear to set forth or even make a sound. They wait for someone strong to take them ashore. They wait and get old. They get choked and don't get heard. Words.

നിശബ്ദത

                        മുത്തശ്ശൻ ക്ലോക്കിൽ മണി പന്ത്രണ്ട് അടിച്ചു. മഴ പെയ്തു ഒഴിഞ്ഞിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇറ്റു വീഴുന്ന വെള്ളതുള്ളികളും ഇടയ്ക്കുള്ള ചീവീടിന്റെ ശബ്ദവും ഒഴിച്ചാൽ ചുറ്റിലും എങ്ങും നിശബ്ദത. എല്ലാവരും ഉറങ്ങി തുടങ്ങി.   ഒരാൾ മാത്രം ഉറക്കമൊഴിച്ച് കാത്തിരിപ്പുണ്ട്. പൂർണ്ണമായ നിശബ്ദതക്കു വേണ്ടി. ഇന്നത്തെ ജോലി അതീവ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ ചെയ്യേണ്ടത് ആണ്, അതിനു പരിപൂർണ്ണ നിശബ്ദത അയാള്ക്കു ആവശ്യമുണ്ടു. ശബ്ദം ഉണ്ടാക്കാതെ അയാൾ കുറച്ചു കൂടെ കാത്തിരുന്നു. പതിയെ ചീവിടുകളും ഉറക്കത്തിലായെന്നു തോന്നുന്നു.  ഒരു ശബ്ദവും കേൾക്കാനില്ല. സന്തോഷത്തോടെ അയാൾ എഴുന്നേറ്റു. തന്റെ പക്കലുള്ള ചെറിയ വെട്ടം അയാൾ തെളിയിച്ചു, ചുറ്റിലും നോക്കി. ഇല്ല അപകടം ഒന്നും ഇല്ല. കാലത്തു നോക്കി വച്ചിരുന്ന വീടിനടുത്തേക്ക് അയാൾ പതിയെ ചെന്നു. പതുങ്ങി ഇരുന്നു കുറച്ചു നേരം അയാൾ  കാതോർത്തു. ശബ്ദമൊന്നും കേൾക്കുന്നില്ല. എല്ലാവരും നല്ല ഉറക്കത്തിലാണ്. ജനവാതിൽ തുറന്നു നേരത്തെ ഇളക്കി മാറ്റിയിരുന്ന ജനൽ കമ്പികളുടെ വിടവിലൂടെ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ അയാൾ അകത്തു കടന്നു. ഇരുണ്ട വെട്ടത്തിൽ അലമാര ഇരിക്കുന്ന സ്ഥലം ലക്ഷ്യമാക്കി പമ്മി പമ്മി അയാൾ നടന്നു. ഇനിയാണ് ശ്രദ്ധ വേണ്ടത്.