Skip to main content

Ai'me

Last day Narayanan(Nikhil)one of my cronies, asked me to write about Ai'me. Like he said it is the feeling that mattered while you are writing about a person and not the content. So I‘m taking the courage to write about her. Back in the college days there were people we secretly admired. But we didn’t let it go beyond us. She was one such person we admired.



When attendance shortage forbids you to be out wandering in the college premises, you could have a single alternative for time killing, keep enjoying the resources available. We electronics students are considered to be most unlucky, so troubled with severe shortage of beauties we could call our own. We had to depend a lot on Civil, Electrical even CS departments to compensate for our terrible loss. So when being made to confine in the class you got to make yourself satisfied with whatever grace luck bestow upon you. That's how we started looking Ai'mie.

During earlier days in the college it was Chérie. She was cute, like a Barbie doll. But when time went on, and got aged it the process, we went ahead looking out for other beauties.  And a further quest ended with Ai'mie and stayed there for a while. After seeing her we thought why the hell did we miss her all this time. She was peculiar in many ways. Be it her anger or the way she talks everything had its own natural beauty. When ever I tried to remember her after I left my college days a single frame kept popping up ahead of all the others. Ai'mie wearing a red salwar. She always looked stunningly beautiful in that.

In the act of watching a girl that extends from ogling to worship, I would put Nikks somewhere in the upper class close to divine admiration. It’s not that we miss her among us. But missing her presence. Whatever we wanted to say about her has been made into a song by someone, so I (for me and on behalf of Nikhil) dedicate this song for her.


Nenjukkul Peithidum Mamazhai

Neerukkul Mulkidum Thamarai

Saikintru Maruthu Vanilai

Pennei Unmel Pizhai

Nillamal Veesidum Peralai

Nenjukkul Neenthidum tharakai

Ponvannam Soodiya Karigai

Pennei Nee Kanchanai


Oh Aim'ie Ai'mei Oh Ai'mie


En Uyire Uyire Neeyenthi.


All the names mentioned here are purely imaginary(Hope I didn't leave much clues behind!). if you find resemblances with any person in particular that is just a coincidence and I dare say it is just because you tried to picturize someone else(whom you have been secretly admiring) instead of "Ai'mie".

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graphics

Papa, where are you going?? My little girl asks me  To attend a marriage dear. I told her It is a Sunday and she expects I will take her to the park like I promised.  I waited for an array of questions from her, and she doesn’t disappoint me.  "Are we not going to the park today?" " No dear, I have to go. We will go later." “Why aren't you taking us? Who is getting married? ” Rishin uncle is getting married  "Chathan uncle” she corrected me with enough conviction which made me feel that it was me who made the mistake. She caught hold of that name recently and since then I didn’t hear her calling him anything other than that. But she never calls him Chathan in public; they have made a pact it seems.  She started circling around me doing her tiny little steps. She doesn’t look surprised by the news; I was practically taken aback when he told me. It was late last night, he called me and declared. "I am going to get marrie

Words

Words are echoing in my mind. There is no coherent thought in it. They just jump around in an urge to get out.  Me first me first, they say. They don't realise they aren't ready to walk on their own. They have to stand behind an idea and grow. Or they are mere words without a soul. Few are bit more wiser than the rest. They group with their half brothers and create unrest, even getting heard at times. They wander aimlessly for a while, gliding along any path they see. For they don't have a destination in their mind and are lost without doubt The newbies see their brothers' fate from afar. They fear to set forth or even make a sound. They wait for someone strong to take them ashore. They wait and get old. They get choked and don't get heard. Words.

നിശബ്ദത

                        മുത്തശ്ശൻ ക്ലോക്കിൽ മണി പന്ത്രണ്ട് അടിച്ചു. മഴ പെയ്തു ഒഴിഞ്ഞിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇറ്റു വീഴുന്ന വെള്ളതുള്ളികളും ഇടയ്ക്കുള്ള ചീവീടിന്റെ ശബ്ദവും ഒഴിച്ചാൽ ചുറ്റിലും എങ്ങും നിശബ്ദത. എല്ലാവരും ഉറങ്ങി തുടങ്ങി.   ഒരാൾ മാത്രം ഉറക്കമൊഴിച്ച് കാത്തിരിപ്പുണ്ട്. പൂർണ്ണമായ നിശബ്ദതക്കു വേണ്ടി. ഇന്നത്തെ ജോലി അതീവ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ ചെയ്യേണ്ടത് ആണ്, അതിനു പരിപൂർണ്ണ നിശബ്ദത അയാള്ക്കു ആവശ്യമുണ്ടു. ശബ്ദം ഉണ്ടാക്കാതെ അയാൾ കുറച്ചു കൂടെ കാത്തിരുന്നു. പതിയെ ചീവിടുകളും ഉറക്കത്തിലായെന്നു തോന്നുന്നു.  ഒരു ശബ്ദവും കേൾക്കാനില്ല. സന്തോഷത്തോടെ അയാൾ എഴുന്നേറ്റു. തന്റെ പക്കലുള്ള ചെറിയ വെട്ടം അയാൾ തെളിയിച്ചു, ചുറ്റിലും നോക്കി. ഇല്ല അപകടം ഒന്നും ഇല്ല. കാലത്തു നോക്കി വച്ചിരുന്ന വീടിനടുത്തേക്ക് അയാൾ പതിയെ ചെന്നു. പതുങ്ങി ഇരുന്നു കുറച്ചു നേരം അയാൾ  കാതോർത്തു. ശബ്ദമൊന്നും കേൾക്കുന്നില്ല. എല്ലാവരും നല്ല ഉറക്കത്തിലാണ്. ജനവാതിൽ തുറന്നു നേരത്തെ ഇളക്കി മാറ്റിയിരുന്ന ജനൽ കമ്പികളുടെ വിടവിലൂടെ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ അയാൾ അകത്തു കടന്നു. ഇരുണ്ട വെട്ടത്തിൽ അലമാര ഇരിക്കുന്ന സ്ഥലം ലക്ഷ്യമാക്കി പമ്മി പമ്മി അയാൾ നടന്നു. ഇനിയാണ് ശ്രദ്ധ വേണ്ടത്.