Skip to main content

Missing Hours

Did you ever have such an experience?? You realize few hours missing and you have no idea what happened though you were fully in your senses, well not literally 



I woke up late with a headache, probably hangover from the last day’s party. I was lying down on the floor, still in the party wear, but felt strangely happy being in a familiar place. I wanted to get up but my body wasn’t up to it, so laid there waiting for some source of sound near by.

As I was slowly slipping back to sleep it came, but with a poke.

Dude... wake up wake up.


I slowly opened my eyes and saw them observing me in a peculiar way.


Do you have any idea what you did last night???



I didn’t, rather couldn’t say anything, obviously didn’t have any idea, just gave them a blank look.


 See the way he is looking, he isn’t normal yet..



Everything has a meaning it seems... anyhow my response was the same even this time.


 Now wake up and get ready, we got to go home.



 I closed my eyes and heard them walking away laughing at something that I did last night. Nothing went inside my head; it was solely trying to connect some dots and make a picture out of it. But everything was vague.

 On the way home sitting alone by the window side I tried to gather every possible memory frames and this is what my sane mind could figure out.


Party Day

Scene 1 : Dance floor


It was a simple party with a simple plan.. You can dance and eat or dance eat have alcohol and stay insane or atleast you can watch others doing either of it and simply eat. It went like this - dappankuthu - vodka -dappankuthu - vodka again (I better be putting it in a loop) -this went on for a while- had food - tried few steps holding the plate (tried everything I knew, this was something new!!!)

Many of my colleagues left as it was getting late, they were disposed of.



(So far so good, I remember it pretty well.. )

I had enough of vodka so tried a bit of signature instead, two pegs.



Scene 2 : Boss’s Apartment

How did I reach there?? This is why experienced people say never mix brands. Or may be it wasn’t with the brand, this happens with me even when I am sober. It is safe to assume I might have just forgotten it. Anyhow I have just got a faint memory of what happened. It is something like, me trying my luck with a guitar (me and my roomy bought a guitar few days prior to this, had an initial love affair which died out soon).. Someone telling me that I told something to my boss.. and me asking him something.. no more useful frames from there(Honestly I was afraid to  investigate further)..



Two days at home didn’t do much good either.



How much did I lose?? Each and everyone from office were coming up with their own stories and looked like it was long enough for an epic.



I heard stories.. my boss making me walk over a straight line (interestingly I made it through) .. pestered everyone till they confirm that I was not drunk. In-between I look totally sane in most of the photos, I don’t remember posing for that though. And apparently this is what I asked my boss “Did I say anything to you???”.  In turn he asked me “Do you want to say anything to me??” No one knows what exactly did I say to this, there are several speculations though. I have had enough and didn’t want to know any further..



‘I know what you did that night’, every second person I met back in office told me with a mock. I gave them a humble smile said


Naan Avan allai


It wasn’t me..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graphics

Papa, where are you going?? My little girl asks me  To attend a marriage dear. I told her It is a Sunday and she expects I will take her to the park like I promised.  I waited for an array of questions from her, and she doesn’t disappoint me.  "Are we not going to the park today?" " No dear, I have to go. We will go later." “Why aren't you taking us? Who is getting married? ” Rishin uncle is getting married  "Chathan uncle” she corrected me with enough conviction which made me feel that it was me who made the mistake. She caught hold of that name recently and since then I didn’t hear her calling him anything other than that. But she never calls him Chathan in public; they have made a pact it seems.  She started circling around me doing her tiny little steps. She doesn’t look surprised by the news; I was practically taken aback when he told me. It was late last night, he called me and declared. "I am going to get marrie

Words

Words are echoing in my mind. There is no coherent thought in it. They just jump around in an urge to get out.  Me first me first, they say. They don't realise they aren't ready to walk on their own. They have to stand behind an idea and grow. Or they are mere words without a soul. Few are bit more wiser than the rest. They group with their half brothers and create unrest, even getting heard at times. They wander aimlessly for a while, gliding along any path they see. For they don't have a destination in their mind and are lost without doubt The newbies see their brothers' fate from afar. They fear to set forth or even make a sound. They wait for someone strong to take them ashore. They wait and get old. They get choked and don't get heard. Words.

നിശബ്ദത

                        മുത്തശ്ശൻ ക്ലോക്കിൽ മണി പന്ത്രണ്ട് അടിച്ചു. മഴ പെയ്തു ഒഴിഞ്ഞിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇറ്റു വീഴുന്ന വെള്ളതുള്ളികളും ഇടയ്ക്കുള്ള ചീവീടിന്റെ ശബ്ദവും ഒഴിച്ചാൽ ചുറ്റിലും എങ്ങും നിശബ്ദത. എല്ലാവരും ഉറങ്ങി തുടങ്ങി.   ഒരാൾ മാത്രം ഉറക്കമൊഴിച്ച് കാത്തിരിപ്പുണ്ട്. പൂർണ്ണമായ നിശബ്ദതക്കു വേണ്ടി. ഇന്നത്തെ ജോലി അതീവ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ ചെയ്യേണ്ടത് ആണ്, അതിനു പരിപൂർണ്ണ നിശബ്ദത അയാള്ക്കു ആവശ്യമുണ്ടു. ശബ്ദം ഉണ്ടാക്കാതെ അയാൾ കുറച്ചു കൂടെ കാത്തിരുന്നു. പതിയെ ചീവിടുകളും ഉറക്കത്തിലായെന്നു തോന്നുന്നു.  ഒരു ശബ്ദവും കേൾക്കാനില്ല. സന്തോഷത്തോടെ അയാൾ എഴുന്നേറ്റു. തന്റെ പക്കലുള്ള ചെറിയ വെട്ടം അയാൾ തെളിയിച്ചു, ചുറ്റിലും നോക്കി. ഇല്ല അപകടം ഒന്നും ഇല്ല. കാലത്തു നോക്കി വച്ചിരുന്ന വീടിനടുത്തേക്ക് അയാൾ പതിയെ ചെന്നു. പതുങ്ങി ഇരുന്നു കുറച്ചു നേരം അയാൾ  കാതോർത്തു. ശബ്ദമൊന്നും കേൾക്കുന്നില്ല. എല്ലാവരും നല്ല ഉറക്കത്തിലാണ്. ജനവാതിൽ തുറന്നു നേരത്തെ ഇളക്കി മാറ്റിയിരുന്ന ജനൽ കമ്പികളുടെ വിടവിലൂടെ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ അയാൾ അകത്തു കടന്നു. ഇരുണ്ട വെട്ടത്തിൽ അലമാര ഇരിക്കുന്ന സ്ഥലം ലക്ഷ്യമാക്കി പമ്മി പമ്മി അയാൾ നടന്നു. ഇനിയാണ് ശ്രദ്ധ വേണ്ടത്.