Skip to main content

Nileena


Yesterday all of a sudden she came back to me, I mean her name crossed my mind quite unexpectedly. Like the way it came to my mind her entry in my life was sudden and so was the departure, leaving a tiny memory behind, a cherished one though. It brings a smile on my face each time I think about it.

Nileena was much like any other girl we used to ogle during our vayinottam sessions back in our college days. Only difference is that she is the one, as a matter of fact the only one, who said I like you. She just said I like you, but I loved it and her as well.

This was how it really happened.

We didn't let go any chance to talk (The Scientific name is Panchara Adi) to a girl and Nileena was one such victim. We (Hashim Narayan Ranji and me )the usual class bunkers were assembled in the department front taking account of all the trespassers going to and fro (all the girls who are passing by). The day was proving to be futile, we were about to move to the Pancharakadu (name itself says everything about the location). Then suddenly she came in.

Note: She is from Architecture Dept. Their Department  is known for its beauties and she isn't an exception either.

Hash and Narayan started asking questions (Me and Renji were onlookers). Being a fresher she had no other way than to stay there and reply or find some weird reasons to escape our badger. But I think she is intelligent because we were actually not so harmful guys among normal choriyan seniors. Our questioning and bit of sugary interrogations were far better than those of the other guys around. So from her angle it was better to stay with us and answer to our pretty queries in a slippery way than escape us and get caught by some other dangerous herd waiting for her.

Normal doubts like where was she from, who all were there in her family and all finished and then we needed something to add spice to the situation. We asked her about having any boyfriend. She gave a plain No (She had one, we came to know about it only later). Else she would have faced some questions which would have put her in a dire strait and an unattended blushing. Intelligent girl !


"Why don't you have one ?" .


Silence and a smile .
"It's a college, so there is nothing wrong in that. What do you say ?".

No answer.

Just her eyes said
"what should I say?”
Intelligent girl

We tried every sort of questions but she was cunningly slipping through each and every one with her cute smile or not giving answers directly.
We started getting bored. That’s the part where the girl wins. We needed some clear cut answers to get back to the track and carry the show on.


"OK. Among us whom do you like the most?".

I think Hash asked that and she was trapped. She couldn’t escape that question. A direct answer was inevitable. She had no one to help her out. One wrong answer could make her life miserable with some guy walking behind her all the time. She had to think. She kept her wises sharp.

Note: I will try to be cordial with the truth in all possible way. But the only problem is that I'm not so sure about what went across her mind, Narayan got his own ideas which certainly won’t put me in a better view, so I will put my perspective in it.


Her studying gaze passed through each one of us..


These people (narayan and hash) look like real trouble, They have been irritating me like hell. I cant stand it any more. That leaves me with other two.

Oh this chettan (that certainly has to be me ) looks good and he is cool.


And she thought of all these conditions in those quick moments. There was no risk in that.

So she said "I like this chettan the most"..

Intelligent girl


P.S : Courtesy to Nikks(naru)

Comments

  1. Nice Writing ..
    Not just this one .. but in general ..

    Hats off dude !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Graphics

Papa, where are you going?? My little girl asks me  To attend a marriage dear. I told her It is a Sunday and she expects I will take her to the park like I promised.  I waited for an array of questions from her, and she doesn’t disappoint me.  "Are we not going to the park today?" " No dear, I have to go. We will go later." “Why aren't you taking us? Who is getting married? ” Rishin uncle is getting married  "Chathan uncle” she corrected me with enough conviction which made me feel that it was me who made the mistake. She caught hold of that name recently and since then I didn’t hear her calling him anything other than that. But she never calls him Chathan in public; they have made a pact it seems.  She started circling around me doing her tiny little steps. She doesn’t look surprised by the news; I was practically taken aback when he told me. It was late last night, he called me and declared. "I am going to get marrie

Words

Words are echoing in my mind. There is no coherent thought in it. They just jump around in an urge to get out.  Me first me first, they say. They don't realise they aren't ready to walk on their own. They have to stand behind an idea and grow. Or they are mere words without a soul. Few are bit more wiser than the rest. They group with their half brothers and create unrest, even getting heard at times. They wander aimlessly for a while, gliding along any path they see. For they don't have a destination in their mind and are lost without doubt The newbies see their brothers' fate from afar. They fear to set forth or even make a sound. They wait for someone strong to take them ashore. They wait and get old. They get choked and don't get heard. Words.

നിശബ്ദത

                        മുത്തശ്ശൻ ക്ലോക്കിൽ മണി പന്ത്രണ്ട് അടിച്ചു. മഴ പെയ്തു ഒഴിഞ്ഞിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇറ്റു വീഴുന്ന വെള്ളതുള്ളികളും ഇടയ്ക്കുള്ള ചീവീടിന്റെ ശബ്ദവും ഒഴിച്ചാൽ ചുറ്റിലും എങ്ങും നിശബ്ദത. എല്ലാവരും ഉറങ്ങി തുടങ്ങി.   ഒരാൾ മാത്രം ഉറക്കമൊഴിച്ച് കാത്തിരിപ്പുണ്ട്. പൂർണ്ണമായ നിശബ്ദതക്കു വേണ്ടി. ഇന്നത്തെ ജോലി അതീവ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ ചെയ്യേണ്ടത് ആണ്, അതിനു പരിപൂർണ്ണ നിശബ്ദത അയാള്ക്കു ആവശ്യമുണ്ടു. ശബ്ദം ഉണ്ടാക്കാതെ അയാൾ കുറച്ചു കൂടെ കാത്തിരുന്നു. പതിയെ ചീവിടുകളും ഉറക്കത്തിലായെന്നു തോന്നുന്നു.  ഒരു ശബ്ദവും കേൾക്കാനില്ല. സന്തോഷത്തോടെ അയാൾ എഴുന്നേറ്റു. തന്റെ പക്കലുള്ള ചെറിയ വെട്ടം അയാൾ തെളിയിച്ചു, ചുറ്റിലും നോക്കി. ഇല്ല അപകടം ഒന്നും ഇല്ല. കാലത്തു നോക്കി വച്ചിരുന്ന വീടിനടുത്തേക്ക് അയാൾ പതിയെ ചെന്നു. പതുങ്ങി ഇരുന്നു കുറച്ചു നേരം അയാൾ  കാതോർത്തു. ശബ്ദമൊന്നും കേൾക്കുന്നില്ല. എല്ലാവരും നല്ല ഉറക്കത്തിലാണ്. ജനവാതിൽ തുറന്നു നേരത്തെ ഇളക്കി മാറ്റിയിരുന്ന ജനൽ കമ്പികളുടെ വിടവിലൂടെ ശ്രദ്ധയോടെ അയാൾ അകത്തു കടന്നു. ഇരുണ്ട വെട്ടത്തിൽ അലമാര ഇരിക്കുന്ന സ്ഥലം ലക്ഷ്യമാക്കി പമ്മി പമ്മി അയാൾ നടന്നു. ഇനിയാണ് ശ്രദ്ധ വേണ്ടത്.